Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hambidge6--working







"...The work is coming along and I am excited as what I came to do is materializing slowly, but other 'accidents' are creating a whole new line of ideas and pieces. All day was spent in the studio and it was with difficulty that I tore myself away, both for lunch and to have dinner, which was in very good company. So much to do, all self-imposed musts, but my time with clay has been so sparse that now that I have started I do not want to stop...".








"...It is early morning and again the insomnia has 
awakened me..I lay in bed determined to go back to sleep but finally moved to the chair by the door to work on the eggs. They too are slowly coming and  I think that I must do more. Putting them aside to dry, I turn to writing as I listen to the rain falling. It is 5:12 am and the darkness still blankets everything. The cold outside leans against the door beside me and I am thankful to be wrapped in the warmth of this little cottage. Thinking, weighing ideas, stray thoughts, concerns, ongoing dialogues--having the mind run has been a  blessing, away from the unending 'to do list of things' for this (post)modern living. I have only given passing thoughts to those old habits and am little surprised at how easily they have slipped away...".








"The beauty that is divinity was revealed to me. This is the reason of life. This is the object of the human soul-- to see this beauty and to strive to make it manifest in every creation of the human brain and hand."
 Mary Crovatt Hambidge, Apprentice in Creation: "The Way is Beauty". p.113