Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hambidge5--working



 


Most of the work for the mortuary objects took place in the Antinori studio.








 Space was made in the cottage to work on eggs: preparing a few for the Hambidge anagama firing.




"...Early to the studio this morning the brisk air surrounding me-with the plans for the day in my head-I feel no discomfort at being here. In the middle of a forest, barely any mechanized noise in the air or milling people about on their way to this and that of modern living. It is like the last two years without clay did not happen. With much ease I have slipped back into a rhythm, just a little rusty to form and standing on a cement studio floor-but all flows back as I move from project to project. Starting in an ancient tradition where women relied on their hands as their primary tool, I too call on that memory as I work and think about what it is I am making...".